**Not recommended for baking: Macintosh and Red Delicious
Amazing Apple Crumb Coffee Cake ~ Gluten Free
- Peel dice apples. Place in large bowl. Take about 1/4-1/3 of them out and set aside for the cake batter. In the large bowl add all together the butter, oats, nuts, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Toss mixture together until well combined and resembles pea size crumbs. Don’t be afraid to get your hands in there and toss it real well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch cake pans. (Square or Round)
- In a small bowl combine flour, xanthan gum, salt and baking powder. Mix well. In a mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well. Scrape down sides of bowl. With mixer on low speed alternate adding flour and milk until all combined. Mix for about 30 seconds to combine well. Fold in apples that were set aside.
- Evenly spread half the batter into each pan. Sprinkle half of the apple crumb mixture evenly onto the top of each cake pans batter. Gently press the crumb mixture into the batter about 1/4-1/2 inch, being careful not to cover the apple crumb mixture too much with the batter. The trick is to allow the cake batter to bake into the crumb mixture so that the bottom half is cake and top half is cake and apple crumb goodness. If you prefer a crumb cake, don’t press the crumb mixture into the batter, just sprinkle across the top.
- Bake on middle rack for 35-40 minutes or until the cake bounces back when touched. You can also check the center with a toothpick to be sure. Cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from cake pan.
To purchase Gluten Free Mama Flours, Click Here.
We love to hear from our followers. If you have a comment, question or have even tried our cake and like it, we want to hear from you! Leave your comments below.