Sometimes I want coffee and sometimes and want coffee flavored food! If you are a coffee lover you will love this delicious gluten free Espresso Chocolate Chip Quick Bread. Now when I say quick…I am really meaning quick. It is so easy to throw together and its done baking in 35 minutes if using the mini bread pans and about an hour using the regular pan. Oh, just forewarning you, don’t taste the batter! If you do, you will want to keep tasting it, it’s THAT good! Yeah, that’s me a batter tester. Are you a batter tester? Totally off subject, but I am a cookie dough eater too. What can I say….it’s my mom’s fault. She always let us lick the beater and lick the bowl.
Anyway, if you need a great gift idea, buy the decorative paper mini bread pans that you can get a stores like Target, World Market or specialty kitchen stores. Or use the ceramic ones that you can get at Micheals, Kitchen Outlet Stores, or dollar stores. I will put the batter in those, spread it evenly. Then with a wet paper towel, go around the inside edges and clean off any mess I made spreading the batter. That way when the come out of the oven they will look perfect and something like what you would get at a bakery. Then after cooling either wrap with plastic wrap, or they will fit perfectly in those decorative cellophane gift bags in the cake decorating department. I think Wilton makes them. I just place them in fold over the edge underneath and tape it. Then apply a gift tag, or use a sharpie to write the name of who you are giving it too. This batch makes 5 mini loaves. Now keep in mind if you are using the really small mini loaves, check to see if they are done at 30 minutes, just in case. The regular mini loaf pans will take about 35 minutes. You will know it’s done when you press the top of the bread with your finger and the bread bounces back.
- 2 ¾ cup
[url href=”http://store.glutenfreemama.com/gluten-free-flours/” target=”_blank”]Mama’s Almond or Coconut Blend Flour[/url]
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ cup butter or dairy free margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2- 1oz. shots of espresso and enough milk to equal 1 cup, regular or dairy free
- 1 cup milk or dairy free milk and 2 Tbsp. instant espresso powder (mix well)
- 1 cup chocolate chips, dark or semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray mini bread pans with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum. Mix well and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar until soft. Add vanilla. With mixer running on low speed add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- With mixer running on low speed, slowly alternate adding a little flour and a little of the coffee flavored milk to the batter until it is all mixed in. Scrape down sides of bowl. Mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill bread pans about ½ – ¾ full. If using 2 inch scoop, each one will take about 3 ½ scoops. This will fill 5 mini loaf pans or one regular size loaf pan.
- Mini Loaves: Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Regular Loaf: Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cover the last half hour to prevent over browning.
- It is done when the bread bounces back when the top is touched.
What will make this recipe easier and tastier.
1. Gluten Free Mama’s Almond or Coconut Blend Flour Click here to order. You can also find it in some stores near you or on Amazon. If you don’t have it at your local grocer, please request your store manager to bring our products in. That’s how they know what you love.
We love to hear from our viewers! If you like our posts or have questions please comment below. We also love it when you share the love on Facebook and Pinterest!