This is a basic gluten free white bread recipes that is perfect for sandwiches and kid friendly. You can make it egg free using flax eggs. Simmer 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed with 1/2 cup warm water until thickened. You can even use applesauce to replace the eggs. 1/2 cup of applesauce is equal to two eggs. The bread is pretty versatile. It can be made with dairy using regular milk and butter or make it dairy free using dairy free milk of choice and either olive oil or canola oil. So make it according to your desires.
Whenever I make bread or muffins I will always add 1-2 tsp. of chia seeds. Chia seeds are high in Omega 3’s and it’s a great way to incorporate them into your diet. Kids won’t know they are even in there, so it’s kind of a great way to sneak them in. You can also use this basic recipe and make it an herb bread, by mixing in 4 Tbsp. mixed fresh herbs and then sprinkling the top with some dried herbs. Or you can baste the top with warm water or egg white wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds or other seeds.
This recipe is perfect made in a bread machine, or make using a stand mixer like normal.
For more delicious gluten free bread recipes, check out Gluten Free Mama’s cookbook “In the Kitchen with Gluten Free Mama.”
- Enjoy warm fresh bread, then store rest of the bread in airtight container or Ziploc bag on counter for 1-4 days. By the fourth day, you may want to warm in microwave for 10-20 seconds before serving.
- If you are preparing your bread for the next couple of weeks. Cool bread completely. Evenly slice the entire loaf. Place a small piece of wax paper between every two pieces. Place in Ziploc bag, removing as much air as possible. Place in freezer until ready to use. The wax paper will allow you to easy remove the slices needed for a sandwich without having to pry them apart with a knife. Just a simple trick.
Gluten Free White Bread ~ Perfect for Bread Machines
Rachel Carlyle Edington – Gluten Free Mama
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 2 Tbsp. sugar or honey
- 3 cups Mama’s Almond or Coconut Blend Flour
- 1 ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. salt[br]
- ½ cup warm milk (dairy, nut, rice, soy) (Microwave for 30-40 seconds)
- ¼ cup olive oil, canola oil or melted butter
- 2 eggs or Flax eggs (Mix together 2 Tbsp. flax seeds with ½ cup water. Simmer until thickened.)
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- Mix together warm water, yeast and sugar or honey and set aside until foamy.
- In a mixing bowl add flour, xanthan gum and salt.
- With mixer running on low speed, slowly pour in yeast mixture, then warm milk, oil, eggs and vinegar. Mix on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread batter into desired bread pans. Smooth out top, by lightly sprinkling with flour and pressing out the rough edges or running fingers under warm water and pressing out the rough edges. Baste the top with either egg white wash or warm water. If desired sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds or herbs. Cover with dry towel for 1 ½ -2 hours in warm place.
- Bake at 400°.
- Loaf Pan: Bake for 1 hour (Cover halfway through baking to prevent over browning.)
- Mini Loaf Pans: Bake for 30-35 minutes
- inch cake pans: Bake for 28-30 minutes
GFM Tip If you don’t have eggs or flaxseeds you can use ½ cup applesauce.[br]If desired you can mix into the dry ingredients 2 tsp. chia seeds or 2 Tbsp. flax seeds for added nutrition.[br][br][b] Bread Machine Instructions[/b][br]Mix together warm water, yeast and sugar. Set aside until foamy. Add warm milk, eggs, oil or butter, and vinegar to bread pan. Pour in dry ingredients. Pour yeast mixture over dry ingredients. Set bread machine to gluten free cycle. Start. After it has gone through 1 or two mixing cycles, run your rubber scraper around the outside edges to make sure flour mixture has been completely mixed in. If desired after mixing cycle is done remove paddle quickly and smooth out top. Close lid as quickly as possible to not allow the bread to cool down too much. Leave bread in bread machine for 30 minutes after baking. Then remove and enjoy.