Pizza night gets a whole new meaning when you shake it up and replace the crust with zucchini slices. Not only is it delicious, it’s healthy, and super easy to make!
August is the time of year in Montana where you don’t go anywhere and leave your car windows open, or even show up to church. I didn’t grow zucchini this year and so I asked if anyone had any extra and ended up with a beautiful and plentiful bounty from a friend. So if you aren’t growing zucchini, just put a message on FB that says “Hey if anyone has any extra zucchini, I would love some.” So after sharing some, I am also going to be using some of it up and sharing a few of the recipes with you. Some, I will save for my 4th cookbook.
Zucchini pizza’s are really easy to make. You just need a large zucchini. Wash well. Then cut into 1/2-3/4 inch thick slices, or about the size of your third fingers fingernail, just make sure they are all about the same thickness. Place a piece of aluminum foil or my favorite, parchment paper over the bottom of your baking sheet. Then place the zucchini slices next to each other filling the pan. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Spread with your favorite spaghetti or pizza sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella. If you are dairy free, use Daiya brand cheese or your favorite soy mozzarella. Then just like pizza, place your favorite toppings on top.
They are fun to make. Put out a bunch of topping choices and let the children or family choose their own toppings. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to lightly brown around the edges.
Serve with a loaf of Mama’s Sesame French Bread buttered and sprinkled with garlic powder for a complete meal.
Zucchini Pizza’s ~ naturally gluten free!
Recipe Type: Gluten Free Main Meals, Lunch & Dinner
Author: Rachel Carlyle Edington – Gluten Free Mama
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 18 mins
Total time:28 mins
All you need is one large zucchini and you will be all set to make these delicious zucchini pizza’s!
- 1 large zucchini (About 3-4 inhes wide)
- salt, to taste
- spaghetti sauce or your favorite pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese or Daiya mozzarella or soy mozarella
- your favorite pizza toppings.
- [b]Ideas:[/b] Ham & Pineapple, Margarita (fresh basil and tomatoes), Pepperoni, Mushroom, Sausage, Red and yellow bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Cut zucchini slices into 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick slices and place on pan in single layer.
- Lightly salt zucchini’s.
- Spread with spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and is beginning to lightly brown around the edges.
- Serve warm.
This post is dedicated to my friend Brandy Richwine and Corey Richwine for being so generous to donate some zucchini to me and drive it all the way to Polson too! Thank you so much!!!
We love to hear from our followers! Leave a comment or question below! Thank you friends for following my page.