Heartland Gourmet’s FAQ’S
Not seeing where to use your coupon code?
- Don’t worry it will ask for it at the end of the checkout process.
Yeast packet missing?
- Our yeast packets contain 1 1/2 tsp of dry active yeast, you can either purchase a packet at a store or we can mail one to you.
International Size Differences?
- Specifically for Canada, 1 stick=1/2 cup or 4 oz or 8 tbsp or 113.4g of butter.
Making Mini Muffins?
- For mini muffins, bake 5 to 8 minutes less than the original cooking time.
You want make cupcakes with your cake mix or a cake from your cupcake mix?
- These are based on a 350 degree oven temp. Use toothpick to test if done.
- For Gluten Free mixes do not over bake!
- 24 regular size cupcakes….18 to 23 minutes
- 9 x 13 inch baking pan….35 to 40 minutes
- Two 8 x 1-1/2 inch round pans ….35 to 40 minutes
- Two 9 x 1-1/2 inch round pans….30 to 35 minutes
- Two 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking pans….25 to 35 minutes
- Two 9 x 9 x 2 inch baking pans….25 to 35 minutes
- Gluten free mixes–line cake pan with parchment paper or dust pan with gluten free flour, or lightly spray with cooking spray. Using non-stick pans are best.
- The organic Chocolate Cake, both the organic & gourmet Natural Cranberry Crunch Bread Mix, both organic & gourmet all Natural Focaccia Mixes, all organic Pizza Mixes, organic & gourmet Natural Pumpkin Quick Bread Mixes, both the organic & gourmet all Natural Pretzel Mixes, and the organic Old World Rye Bread mix are all vegan friendly. You would have to use a vegan oil in the breads and pizzas. You can substitute applesauce in the Pumpkin Quick Bread in place of the egg.
Notice we carry regular mixes and gluten free mixes?
- Heartland Gourmet is proud to offer both regular baking products and gluten free baking products. Please rest assured our gluten free line is processed in a certified gluten free facility and each batch is tested to less than 10 ppm based of of NFCO standards. Gluten Free or not you will love our gluten free mixes.