Mama’s Gluten Free Granola ~ Delicious Back to School Snack for School age and College age students, Great for breakfast for all ages, & delicious on the go snack for traveling or during breaks at work.
Mama’s Gluten Free Granola recipe is great for serving with yogurt for a quick and healthy morning breakfast for your school aged children or for you! You can add M & M’s to it and it makes a perfect mid-morning or afternoon snack for your kiddos. Make a big batch and send it with your college aged child before they head off to college, or send it in a care package. It’s a great snack for traveling too! I added slivered almonds to the granola because I love the taste and texture of them. If you are sending the granola as a snack or with lunch for a school-aged child, I recommend that you do NOT use peanuts, due to so many anaphylaxis peanut allergies in children at schools. We are always looking for good gluten free snacks for the car, and this is one of them. Whatever your age, whatever your schedule is this is super easy and delicious!
Gluten Free Granola
3 cups certified gluten free oats*
1 cup slivered almonds or nut of choice
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds*
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup or 4 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup banana chips
1 cup dried cranberries (Craisins) or desired dried fruit
1/2 cup raisins
Optional: 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, 1 cup peanuts, 1 cup chocolate chips or m & m’s
Preheat oven to 300°.
Measure out ingredients. Add the oats, almonds or nuts, sunflower seeds, brown sugar, sea salt, and cinnamon to a 9 x 11 pan or a baking sheet. Toss to mix evenly. Measure out honey into a liquid measuring cup. Add the coconut oil. Place in microwave for 20-25 seconds. Add the vanilla to the honey and coconut oil. Drizzle honey mixture evenly over the top of the oats mixture. Toss to coat.
Place granola mixture in oven on center rack. Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to evenly coat and to prevent burning and over-browning.
Cool completely, then add the add-ins, banana chips, dried cranberries, raisins and any other add-in of your choice. Store in ziploc bag or airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
- Use granola as a delicious topping over yogurt or over fresh fruit like blueberries and peaches. Make a home-made parfait, layering ice cream or frozen yogurt, fresh fruit, and granola. Add chocolate chips or m&m’s to the granola for a kid friendly afternoon snack. Make it a cereal adding fresh blueberries and pouring milk over the top. Use granola as the topping like a crisp versus pie crust.
- Certified Gluten Free Oats can be purchased from Gluten Free Oats, Bob’s Red Mill, Gluten Free Prairie.
- If you don’t have coconut oil you can use vegetable oil or even butter
Try Mama’s Gluten Free Granola as the topping over Mama’s Mixed Berry Cobbler.
- 3 cups certified gluten free oats*
- 1 cup slivered almonds or nut of choice
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds*
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup or 4 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup banana chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries (Craisins) or desired dried fruit
- 1/2 cup raisins