Here it is, Gluten Free Fried Chicken that tastes like the the real thing! This recipe is very easy to make and delicious, and my kids liked it so much they asked for more. I will definitely be making this on a regular basis for my family. I hope you and your family enjoy it as well.
Crispy Buttermilk Fried Chicken ~ Gluten Free
Recipe Type: Dinner, Main Meals
Crispy Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- 1 broiler fryer chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Or 10-12 chicken tenders
- 3 cups
- Mama’s Almond or Coconut Blend Flour
- 2 tsp. GF seasoning salt
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1½ tsp. paprika
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 3-4 cups oil, peanut, canola, or safflower
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, seasoning salt, salt, black pepper, sugar, and paprika. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together until batter is smooth.
- Dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Roll in flour mixture. Dip again into buttermilk mixture and roll in flour mixture. Place on plate until oil is hot. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- In a large heavy bottom skillet or Dutch oven that has a lid, add oil. For chicken tenders it should be at least ½ inch depth, and for broiler chicken ½ inch to ¾ inch depth. Heat oil until it reaches 365 degrees. Fry chicken skin side or flesh side down. Cover chicken with lid and reduce heat to medium.
- Fry for 7-9 minutes or until bottom side is golden brown. Flip chicken over and fry for additional 7-9 minutes or until bottom side is golden brown. You may need to rearrange chicken if needed. Internal temp should be 165-170 degrees. Remove chicken and serve, or place in 175 degree oven until all your frying is done.